Want to join our team?
We're looking for people with positive attitudes, an eagerness to learn, and the ability to hustle in a fast-paced work environment!
We love what we do and we're looking for people who are as excited about our mission as we are. Prior flower company experience isn't required. What we DO require is a strong work ethic, positive attitude, and the ability to hustle. Not to scare you, but we want to be completely transparent with our expectations – most jobs at Farmgirl are not strictly desk jobs. We all hustle hard – often on our feet – for a significant portion of each each day. And we have a lot of fun while we do it. We all help out in other areas as needed, so the ability to flex is extremely important. But, did I mention that we have fun too? Because we do! If this sounds like a good fit for you, please send us a note and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title of the job you’re interested in the subject line of the email. We can't wait to meet you!
*All positions are located in San Francisco at 901 16th St. and do not allow for telecommuting at this time.
Current Open Positions (scroll down for more info on each!):
Non-Exempt, Full Time
Reports to: Order Fulfillment Manager
Comp: $20/hr, full benefits, paid sick leave
Come help us deliver love all across the continental US! Our order fulfillment department is growing like gangbusters and we’re looking for a hyper-organized, detail oriented individual to join our growing team. This role will focus heavily on local SF deliveries, managing our courier and driver dispatch, as well as many other aspects of our delivery operation. Our growth is outpacing our ability to keep up, so we’ll need your help to create the most efficient delivery department to allow for future growth.
You’ll be responsible for dispatching a team of seasoned couriers and drivers and ensuring our product and service standards stay up to par. You’ll need to work hard, fast, and smart, and do it all with a positive attitude. You’ll be running all local delivery under the oversight of our Order Fulfillment Manager, so strong leadership and organizational skills are a must. You’ll need excellent problem solving and people skills, and the ability to execute accordingly. You’ll need to be self motivated and able to adapt and pivot quickly. We’re a bootstrapped startup that runs extremely lean – so we all are on the floor hustling, so please do not apply if you’re looking for a delegation job. We’re scrappy, and like it that way, so the ability to roll up your sleeves and jump in is crucial. And, most importantly, you have to be able to get things done!
Sound like you? If so, we can’t wait to meet you!
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Essentially you’ll be responsible for all aspects of local delivery. Dispatch, run designation, staff schedules, field correspondence as well as customer service issues that arise as it pertains to delivery within San Francisco.
- Team Communication - Communicate clearly and closely with your team members regarding schedules, in field order changes, drop confirmation and more.
- Strong Microsoft Office capabilities are a must as well as the ability to adapt to new technologies as we implement these with our intended growth.
- Work with our floral department to match orders to bouquets and provide accurate count of outstanding orders
- Customer Experience – You’ll be responsible for our local customer experience for all delivered orders. This includes assessing and improving procedures, customer communication, proactive problem solving, and dispute resolution. Ensure highest level of customer experience standards are met, and hopefully exceeded. Customer service is extremely important to us, as we strive to be the “Zappos of flowers” so working to ensure we meet this goal is extremely important to us!
- Facility management – Ensure local delivery facility efficiency, cleanliness, and security, including safety training and safety enforcement with delivery staff.
- You’ll need to work well with others as we are a highly collaborative company. All departments work very closely to make sure we deliver the highest product possible to our customer.
- We are a pretty young, and did we mention, bootstrapped company, so anything else that’s needed in order to keep things moving at our faster-than-a-speeding-bullet pace! You’ll need to be able to jump in to any department as needed when in a pinch and during peak times.
- Positive can-do attitude – no negative nellies please.
- A “do-er” not someone who wants to simply strategize, delegate, and throw money at problems - but someone who believes execution is the fun part.
- Ability to adapt quickly and work under high pressure.
- Organized, self-motivated, and ability to work autonomously with great follow through.
- Experienced courier or delivery driver with knowledge of San Francisco a big plus.
Floral Designer / Non-Exempt, Full Time / Reports to Design Manager
Our flower designers work fast, efficiently, and have a strong eye for design. Each day, they follow a flower recipe concocted by our lead designer and follow it meticulously, carrying out the integrity of the Farmgirl aesthetic into each and every bouquet. In addition to creating a beautiful product, they are required to meet aggressive daily quotas that require speed and a strong sense of personal initiative. This job requires designers to work on their feet for extended periods of time and includes frequently lifting buckets that weigh up to 25lbs.
Early risers are a must as the shifts are from 6am and end at 2:30pm. We are currently hiring full time floral designers. The starting pay for these positions is $16/hr. Full health insurance is offered after 60 days.